Chidinma Ojukwu, the undergraduate charged with the murder of Usifo Ataga, the CEO of Super TV, confessed to the crime in a video played at high court sitting in Lagos.


Ojukwu and Adedapo Quadri are standing trial for Ataga’s murder.

On Tuesday, they were arraigned alongside Chioma Egbuchu, Ojukwu’s sister, who is accused of stealing Ataga’s iPhone 7 at the Lagos high court in Tafawa Balewa Square.

During the court session, a video recording showing the lifeless body of Ataga was played.


According to NAN, in the clip, Ataga’s body was seen lying on the ground facing up, with his hands spread.

He was wearing a white singlet and boxer’s pants stained with blood.

His head was close to a wall at the short-service apartment where he was allegedly murdered on June 15, 2021.


In the same compact disc, a video showing Ojukwu narrating how she murdered Ataga was played.

In the video, Olusegun Bamidele, the ninth prosecution witness in the murder trial, from the intelligence and tactical unit of the State Criminal Investigating Department, Panti Yaba, was seen interrogating Ojukwu.

In her account, Ojukwu recalled how she met Ataga through a friend.

She said on June 13, 2021, the deceased called her and asked her to get a place for them to stay, and she got the short let service apartment where he died.


“After I got the place on Sunday, we were smoking loud, drinking, watching movies. Then, I went to get food, the drug we were taking got finished and I ordered another one and went downstairs to get it from the delivery guy in the morning,” she said in the video.

”Then, on Tuesday, we drank, smoke loud and I added Rophynol to his drink. We had sex, and I was on the bed and he was on a chair.

“Later, he started disturbing me for more sex. I was tired, and after struggling with him, he had his way and still wanted more.

“He was no longer himself, and I thought he was no more interested in sex, only for him to return to the bed to ask for more.


“I pushed him away which resulted in his hitting his head against a stool that had a glass, he had a cut on his leg and he became weak.”

Ojukwu said she then took a knife and stabbed Ataga in the neck, ribs, and stomach, so he would not be able to harm her.

“I tied his hands with a handkerchief. His blood was out and I was scared. I just packed everything, my clothes was also stained with blood, I just packed my things and left,” she added.

“I took the knife and handkerchief, and when I got home, I threw the knife and handkerchief away.


“Michael was a friend. I didn’t know him that deeply, and we didn’t talk regularly.”

When she was asked in the video if she was assisted in killing the deceased, Ojukwu said, “There was nobody that assisted me, I did it alone.”

When further asked why she didn’t call for help, she said, “Obviously I was scared, that was why I left.”

She said that there was no motive behind her killing Ataga.

After the video was played, Adenike Oluwafemi, the prosecution witness, reminded the witness (Bamidele) of his evidence on May 10, when he said that he recovered some items from the defendant’s house.

She also prayed for the court to admit them in evidence.

But C.C. Ezebube, Ojukwu’s lawyer, objected to the admissibility of the items.

Ezebube said the custody of the items were not specified before the court – from the moment of recovery to that of tendering them before the court.

In her ruling, Yetunde Adesanya, the judge, dismissed the objection and admitted the items in evidence.

The case was then adjourned until Wednesday for the continuation of trial.

Copyright 2023 TheCable. All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from TheCable.

Follow us on twitter @Thecablestyle