Have you ever attended a sleepover party? Are you planning one and don’t have enough money? Do you even know what a sleepover party is?
A sleepover party is an entertaining and fun activity done by slightly older children, teenagers, and also adults. It is basically a social occasion where a friend or group of friends sleepover at another friend’s house, and increasingly popular among females than the male counterpart.
Here are four tips that can help you plan for your sleepover party even if you don’t have enough money.
CHOOSE A LOCATION
Before any other plan can be made, it’s essential to know where the party will take place. Since it’s a party over the night it will be nice if a safe place is used like a friend’s house, a boarding house or probably an hotel.
KEEP IT SMALL
Since you’re on a budget, it is advisable to limit the number of guests. Invite only important and special people that can be catered for using the available resources.
PLAY TRADITIONAL GAMES
Having fun is majorly the essence of a sleepover party so games can not be overemphasized. In order to have a cost free game, some traditional games are incorporated in Nigeria’s different cultures that require little or no money to put together — which can be fun and also bring back childhood memories. Games like;
- Ayo: This is a perfect game for a male sleepover party. It’s a traditional board game among two individuals in an attempt to get more seeds and emerge the winner. This game is a classic traditional game that has stood the test of time.
- Chess: It’s also a board game that will cost little or no money because a friend can help bring the board. It’s a game that also improves intellectual skills.
- Ludo: This can be played at a female sleepover party. It’s a game common among Nigerians which has yellow, green, red, and blue houses. It can be played by 2 or 4 players racing their pieces from start to finish according to the rolls of two die.
- Names of places you know: This is an innocent Nigerian game that is really fun and which requires players to just have a sheet of paper, a pen, and a comfortable space. It isn’t limited to only names of places but rather names of anything ranging from brands, animals, foods, etc.
- Dictation: It might sound funny but trust me, it will definitely be fun doing it. It will be intellectually helpful and help to throw memories back to primary and secondary school days.
CHOOSE A MOVIE PRIOR TO THE PARTY
A sleepover party can also turn out to be a movie night if friends agree on movies to watch. And with the help of Netflix, this will cost just data and nothing more. But then, don’t forget the popcorn so it will be more fun.
Copyright 2022 TheCable. All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from TheCable.
Follow us on twitter @Thecablestyle