Mr Macaroni says he’s a Lekki landlord, hence, has a right to protest reopening the tollgate.
The Nigerian skit maker stated this in a post via his page while responding to a critic on Twitter.
“I’m a Lekki Landlord. I have an office in Lekki Ma. I have about 15 permanent staff and over 100 cast and crew members on and off that come to work for us every month at Lekki,” he wrote.
“I only shared the decision of the residents and chairman. So why are you crying ma?”
What business do you have with LCC? Do you understand the importance of tolling at all? Besides, you don't even live in Lekki so why are you spearheading a crusade of revolt? https://t.co/w3d2AwYEwd
— Ọmọ́túndé (@Funkemyfun) March 31, 2022
1) I’m a Lekki Landlord Ma.
2) I have an office in Lekki Ma.
3) I have about 15 permanent staff and over 100 cast and crew members on and off that come to work for us every month at Lekki.
4) I only shared the decision of the residents and chairman.
So why are you crying ma? https://t.co/Re7mbSLb74
— MrMacaroni (@mrmacaronii) March 31, 2022
The Lekki tollgate was shut down in October 2020 following the army’s crackdown on unarmed EndSARS protesters.
A panel set up to probe the cases of police brutality had listed 48 casualties of the #EndSARS protest.
It established, contrary to the federal government’s denial, that nine citizens died and four others went missing.
The panel said the killing of unarmed protesters at the tollgate could be described in the context of a “massacre”.
But the Lagos government argued that the testimony of John Obafunwa, a pathologist who appeared before the judicial panel on police brutality, showed that there was no massacre at the Lekki tollgate on October 20, 2020.
Earlier, the Lekki Concession Company (LCC) announced that tolling activities will resume at the gate by April.
The Lagos government subsequently urged the people of the state, especially residents of Lekki and Ikoyi, to show understanding ahead of the reopening of the Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge toll plaza by the Limited (LCC).
The comedian had earlier said anything aside from justice for the victims would not be accepted.
Speaking shortly after state government released a white paper on the recommendations of the judicial panel, Macaroni had argued: “Recommendations were made by the panel. I expect that these recommendations are accepted.
“I expect that the events of police brutality up until October 20, 2020, are formally acknowledged.
“The recommendations, going from justice for victims; a public apology from the government; police reform and all of that, should be put in place. Anything contrary to what the panel has recommended will not cut it.
“It would simply mean that the government is not willing and ready t accept the reality of things.”
Copyright 2022 TheCable. All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from TheCable.
Follow us on twitter @Thecablestyle