The internet is where trends emanate, hashtags come to life and movements begin.
The Mannequin Challenge is the latest exciting trend that has taken the world by storm.
It’s an online trend which sees people uploading motionless videos of themselves with the hashtag #MannequinChallenge.
Here are 10 things to know about the Mannequin Challenge.
1. It originated from Edward H. White High School in Jacksonville, Florida, U.S.
2. It started with a video created by a group of high school friends, which was first seen on the page of Twitter user @pvrity___, on October 26.
#manequinchallenge SHARE‼️ RT‼️ pic.twitter.com/k1BqR6iZ1pAdvertisement
— blackie (@pvrity___) October 26, 2016
3. The activity involves people remaining completely motionless for about a minute as the camera winds its way through the area.
4. The music that often goes along with most videos is “Black Beatles” by Rae Sremmurd featuring Gucci Mane.
5. The effect is for people to appear as mannequins in a store window.
6. The Mannequin Challenge has sparked the creativity of many individuals as it leaves room for people to be endlessly creative with their poses as if frozen in an activity.
7. There is no true challenge here because it is not a contest so there are no winners or losers.
8. Similar viral “challenges” have come up in the recent time. Some of the most popular ones are the Running Man Challenge, the Cheerio Challenge and trends like planking, Silento’s Whip/Nae Nae dance and dabbing.
9. Celebrities, football teams, and even Hillary Clinton’s staff have participated in the challenge.
10. The Mannequin Challenge is only a few weeks old.
Copyright 2023 TheCable. All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from TheCable.
Follow us on twitter @Thecablestyle