Travis Scott, the American rapper, says he will cover the funeral costs for the eight victims who died at his Astroworld Festival over the weekend.
According to CNN, the Houston-born artist gave the assurance in a statement on Monday by his representatives.
The ‘Sicko Mode’ crooner said he will also offer free mental health care and additional aid to those impacted by the tragedy.
“Travis remains in active conversations with the city of Houston, law enforcement and local first responders to respectfully and appropriately connect with the individuals and families of those involved,” the statement read.
“These are the first of many steps Travis plans on taking as a part of his personal vow to assist those affected throughout their grieving and recovery process.”
Eight persons were confirmed dead while about 300 others sustained injuries after a crowd surge at the music festival in Houston, Texas, on Friday.
About 50,000 people were at the concert when panic broke out around 9 pm after the crowd began to press towards the front of the stage.
Scott had earlier stated that “I’m absolutely devastated by what took place last night. My prayers go out to the families and all those impacted by what happened at Astroworld Festival.”
Troy Finner, Houston’s police chief, said he had met with Scott to voice his “public safety concerns” before the rapper took the stage for performance.
Finner added that there is an ongoing investigation while pleading with the public “to be considerate of the grieving families” and to “lift them up in prayer.”
Copyright 2024 TheCable. All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from TheCable.
Follow us on twitter @Thecablestyle