Obi Cubana, the Anambra-born business mogul, has finally spoken about the shooting that occurred at his Lagos-based club on June 8.
Burna Boy, the Grammy-winning musician, has been in the public eye since two fun-seekers were allegedly shot by his police escorts at the club situated in Victoria Island.
One of Burna Boy’s police escorts was said to have opened fire on Irebami Lawrence and Tolu, his friend.
The shooting was said to have occurred after the singer allegedly made advances at a lady said to be Lawrence’s wife.
A number of persons demanding justice had been calling on Cubana to speak on the incident.
In an Instagram post on Monday, the businessman sympathised with all the people who were affected by the incident.
Cubana also disclosed that his company has given all information at its disposal to “the legal authorities.”
“As regards the issues making rounds the social media, we at Cubana Group have given all information at our disposal to the legal authorities. However, we wholeheartedly sympathise with any/all those who may have been impacted by this,” he wrote.
“Myself and our group would never compromise standards, as we have confidence in the authorities to handle all. Best Regards.”
Usman Alkali Baba, the inspector-general of police (IGP), earlier condemned the incident and ordered a probe into the shooting.
The police further revealed that the force would interrogate the ‘African Giant’ crooner.
Neme Briella, the UK-based Nigerian lady said to have been approached by Burna Boy, recently shared her side of the story.
This was just as Burna Boy had laughed off social media narratives regarding the shooting incident.
Copyright 2024 TheCable. All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from TheCable.
Follow us on twitter @Thecablestyle