The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) on Monday fulfilled its promise to release results for the 2020 West African Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE).
Patrick Areghan, head of WAEC Nigeria, however, revealed that results of 215,149 candidates who sat for the exam were withheld over alleged malpractice.
Are you among the 1,538,445 candidates who sat for this year’s WASSCE? Follow these simple steps below to check your results online and offline.
How to check results online
1. Visit www.waecdirect.org which is WAEC’s result checking portal
2. Input your examination number in the required column
3. Select your examination year
4. Select your examination type — there are two options here but you’re expected to pick “school candidate result”
5. Input the serial number on the smart identity card that was given to you during the exam
6. Enter the card pin
7. Click on the “submit” button and wait for your 2020 WAEC result to appear.
How to check results offline
If you’re going for this option, all you need is a phone. You are simply required to send a message in this format — WAEC*Exam No*PIN*Exam Year to 32327 and then expect your result.
As simple as these steps appear, you should endeavour to exercise enough patience while trying to check your result.
This is given the fact that network among other technical glitches could pose a serious challenge with many candidates trying to check their results almost, if not, at the same time.
Copyright 2022 TheCable. All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from TheCable.
Follow us on twitter @Thecablestyle