Prince Harry has blamed the timing of a Daily Mail coverage for Meghan Markle‘s miscarriage.
Harry and Meghan have received intense media coverage, culminating in privacy concerns and eventual litigation.
In episode six of the final part of their controversial Netflix documentary which was released on Thursday, the Duke of Sussex claimed Meghan’s 2020 miscarriage was caused by the press.
“I believe my wife suffered a miscarriage because of what the [Daily] Mail did,” Harry said.
“I watched the whole thing. Now, do we absolutely know that the miscarriage was caused by that? Of course, we don’t.
“But bearing in mind the stress that that caused, the lack of sleep and the timing of the pregnancy, how many weeks in she was, I can say from what I saw that miscarriage was created by what they were trying to do to her.”
Harry was referring to the protracted legal case the couple had launched against Daily Mail in 2019 for publishing a private letter she penned to Thomas Markle, her father.
It was gathered that Meghan suffered a miscarriage the first morning they woke up in their Santa Barbara home in July 2020 after quitting the royal family earlier that year.
Meghan earlier shared the devastation she and Harry felt after she lost her baby and was admitted to the hospital.
“After changing his [first son’s] diaper, I felt a sharp cramp. I dropped to the floor with him in my arms, humming a lullaby to keep us both calm, the cheerful tune a stark contrast to my sense that something was not right,” she had said.
“Losing a child means carrying almost unbearable grief, experienced by many but talked about by few.”
Copyright 2024 TheCable. All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from TheCable.
Follow us on twitter @Thecablestyle