Eko Atlantic City has denied claims that it declined Davido’s request to use the city as the venue for his December 27 concert.
The DMW artiste had tweeted earlier on Tuesday that his request to use Eko Atlantic had been turned down.
“So my show this December at Eko Atlantic Was not approved … I wonder why? Hmmm, Anyways announcing a new venue soon!! It’s a dirty game but I can’t be stopped!!,” he wrote.
“Nah the highest dem fit do be that! I will support who I want to support and will not switch sides over a f**king venue!! December 27, City of David concert still on, announcing venue soon.”
In a letter signed by Joanna Fabikun, corporate communications, South EnergyX Nigeria Limited and released on behalf of Eko Atlantic, the company said the ‘Assurance’ did not provide the clarifications needed.
“It has been brought to our attention that we have allegedly denied the musician Davido’s request to use Eko Atlantic for his upcoming concert,” the letter read.
“We received this request on November 8th to which we responded for further clarifications and details about the event on November 9th. We are yet to receive the requested information so, the notion that we declined his request is false and to imply we are politically motivated is false.”
Fabikun said that the additional information requested was pertaining to security provisions as “any event within the city required a proper level of planning, safety and security from event organizers.”
In March, the Afropop star said they had to lie to Eko Hotel about the number of people scheduled to attend his 30 Billion concert because ticket sales exceeded the venue’s capacity by over 4,000 people.
Copyright 2019 TheCable. All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from TheCable.
Follow us on twitter @Thecablestyle