‘Terminator: Dark Fate’, a 2019 American science fiction action film, has topped the recently released Box Office Mojo movies ranking but was unable to draw crowds.
The latest ranking released over the weekend saw the sci-fi movie emerged first on the movie chart, shrugging competitions from others.
It’s ranking was, however, marred by a corresponding shed in sales.
Despite securing the top position on the table, the movie’s $29 million debut in North America was considered uninspiring, given its $185 million production cost.
The film, directed by Tim Miller, was earlier projected to rack up $40 million in its first three days of appearance in the theaters.
— Terminator: Dark Fate (@Terminator) November 1, 2019
The movie’s low regional sales, is however, expected to be boosted through international audiences. Already, the film boasts $72.9 million overseas.
”Joker,’ Joaquin Phoenix’s super-villain origin story, occupied the second spot with $13.9 million ($37 million international), while ‘Maleficent: Mistress of Evil’ was in the third position.
Below is a list of estimated ticket sales of of the movies for Friday through Sunday at international theaters (excluding the U.S. and Canada):
- ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ — $29 million ($72.9 million international)
- ‘Joker’ — $13.9 million ($37 million international)
- Maleficent: Mistress of Evil’ — $12.2 million ($40.5 million international)
- ‘Harriet’ — $12 million
- ‘The Addams Family’ — $8.5 million ($25.9 million international)
- ‘Zombieland: Double Tap’ — $7.4 million ($7 million international)
- ‘Countdown’ — $5.9 million ($1.1 million international)
- ‘Black and Blue’ — $4.1 million
- ‘Motherless Brooklyn’ — $3.7 million
- ‘Arctic Dogs’ — $3.1 million
Copyright 2020 TheCable. All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from TheCable.
Follow us on twitter @Thecablestyle