The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has said the limited capacity of orientation camps necessitated the partial mobilisation of Batch ‘B’ corp members.
Sule Kazaure, NYSC director-general, assured that all necessary steps have been taken to ensure the mobilisation of all eligible prospective corps members in the next service year.
According to the News Agency of Nigeria, Kazaure gave the assurance in Abuja on Wednesday during a media parley organised by the scheme for editors and reporters.
“In the 2016 budget, provision was made for the mobilization of a total of 210,000 corps members. However, the figure for both 2016 Batch ‘A’ and Batch ‘B’ has more than doubled the original projection.
“Like we did before the 2016 Batch ‘A’ orientation course, we have appealed to government for special intervention grant to mop up excess of this figure.
“So far, we have received the green light from the relevant government agencies to prepare for the mobilization of all qualified prospective corps members.
“However, the limited cumulative capacity of the orientation camps nationwide necessitates a second stream orientation course for the 2016 Batch ‘B’ which is planned for January 2017,” said the director-general.
Corps members in stream I of Batch ‘B’ would commence orientation exercise on November 24.
Copyright 2022 TheCable. All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from TheCable.
Follow us on twitter @Thecablestyle