The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) says it would announce the cut-off marks for 2021/2022 admissions during its policy meeting billed for August 31.
Fabian Benjamin, JAMB’s spokesman, broke the news in the latest edition of the board’s weekly bulletin released on Sunday.
According to JAMB, the policy meeting with heads of tertiary institutions will be chaired by Adamu Adamu, the minister of education.
“This (policy) meeting kick-starts the admission process into the nation’s tertiary institutions,” it said.
“It will discuss critical issues emanating from the presentation of the Registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board on the just-concluded Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination and Direct Entry applications, in addition to setting the tone for the 2021/2022 admission exercise.
“The meeting is expected to chart policy directions for the nation’s tertiary institutions, set admission guidelines and present application statistics, candidates’ performance as well as evaluate the 2020 admission exercise.
“The meeting, in addition to other deliberations, would take a stand on acceptable minimum admissions standards to be applied in all admissions to be undertaken by all tertiary institutions in Nigeria.”
The board also warned institutions against commencing admission before the scheduled meeting, saying such constitutes an abuse of the process.
JAMB had last year fixed 160 as the minimum cut-off mark for varsities as well as 120 and 100 for polytechnics and colleges of education respectively.
Copyright 2023 TheCable. All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from TheCable.
Follow us on twitter @Thecablestyle