The Federal University Oye-Ekiti (FUOYE) has directed its students to resume on Sunday after a four-day closure.


The institution was shut on Tuesday following sustained protests by the students over the management’s ‘no school fees no examination’ directive.

Oyeyimika Fasakin, acting registrar of the institution, announced on Friday that an agreement had been reached on the 2017/2018 first semester examinations with representatives of the students.

Fasakin, according to the statement, said the agreement was reached at a meeting held on Wednesday.


The agreement states that students must resume on campus on Sunday while examinations would re-commence on Tuesday.

“Only returning students who have paid 70 percent and above of their fees will be allowed to write the examinations and the remaining 30 percent balance of the fees should be paid before the close of second semester registration exercise,” the statement reads.

“Only fresh students who have made full payment would be allowed to write the examinations.


“All returning students who have paid 70 percent of their fees and missed their examination are to fill make-up examination forms at the Academic Affairs office.

“Make–up examination will be conducted for those who missed it immediately after the first semester examination.”

The acting-registrar enjoined the entire university community to comply with the resolutions.


Copyright 2023 TheCable. All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from TheCable.

Follow us on twitter @Thecablestyle