Many may not know this, but back in the 1940s and 50s, rabbit meat was consumed for dinner as often as chicken, in the United States.
Tons of people have never eaten rabbit largely because it isn’t considered a conventional source of meat, but due to the health benefits found in the animal, it’s advisable to indulge from time to time.
Here are some of the amazing health benefits of eating rabbit meat.
1. It is one of the best sources of white meat that is available in the market these days.
2. The meat has a high percentage of easily digestible protein.
3. Among all the other available sources of meat, the meat coming from rabbits has the lowest amount of fat.
4. Rabbit meat contains less calorie value than other meats so it’s a great substitute when on a diet.
5. Rabbit meat is almost cholesterol free; therefore it is friendly to the heart especially for people with heart conditions.
6. The sodium content of rabbit meat is comparatively less than other meats.
7. It contains high calcium and phosphorus, higher than what you can get from other available meat sources.
Copyright 2019 TheCable. All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from TheCable.
Follow us on twitter @Thecablestyle