Singer Davido on Thursday released a statement in response to accusations of complicity in the death of his friend Tagbo Umeike through his lawyer Norrison Quakers.
Since the release of the statement, the identity of his counsellor has been a topic of interest.
For those inquisitive, Quakers is a principal partner at Jireh and Greys Attorneys.
He is a seasoned legal practitioner with decades of experience in commercial and corporate law.
Here are 10 other things to know about him.
1. Quakers is an investment lawyer with special interests in litigation, maritime law, energy law, real property, arbitration, commercial/transactional/insolvency practice as well as public law and policy development/legislative advocacy.
2. In 2011, he was called to the inner bar and has been named as one of the top 100 lawyers in Nigeria by City Lawyer Publishers.
3. He is a member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, Nigerian Maritime Association, Maritime Arbitration of Nigeria and was the secretary of the national working group on the review of the law of evidence and administration of justice in Nigeria.
4. Quakers was lead counsel in various high profile matters such as the Qua-Iboe Terminal Pipeline Rupture oil spill, Exxon Mobil oil spill dispute and Mobil v. LASEPA (an environmental impact assessment suit).
5. He consults on and provides legal advisory services to federal, state and local governments. He consults to foreign courts on Nigerian legal system and jurisprudence.
6. Quakers provided structural and regulatory advice, and documentation for new-entrant aviation companies, including the restructuring of share options, documentation of employment agreements, restricted stock agreements, and agreements governing investor rights and rights of first refusal and co-sale.
7. He consulted and was involved in the drafting of the aviation manual for the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority.
8. He provides advisory legal services and preparation of securitisation documents for banks and other financial institutions. He provides legal and investment advisory services to corporations and high net worth individuals such as Femi Fani-Kayode, Jim Obazee, Fred Ajudua, Fidelis Anosike, etc.
9. Quakers has handled numerous private placements for oil marketing, services and manufacturing companies, including disclosure and securities compliance.
10. He is prominent for securing the nullification of the death sentence of five persons who were convicted on various occasions and for various offences between 1984 and 1995. They were to die by hanging or firing squad.
Copyright 2020 TheCable. All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from TheCable.
Follow us on twitter @Thecablestyle