Big Brother Naija, a popular reality show, will make a return to Nigerian television after a 10-year hiatus.
The first edition of the show was won by Katung Aduwak, who walked away with a $100,000 prize money.
Auditions for second-ever Big Brother Naija was held in Lagos on November 26 and 27.
The 12 selected contestants are expected to spend 11 weeks together in the PayPorte-sponsored Big Brother Naija house.
Here are 6 things to know abut the reality show:
1. The program will run for 78 days starting January 22, 2017, with a two-hour televised launch and will end on April 9, 2017, with a two-hour televised finale.
2. The winner of the Big Brother Naija takes it all. He or she will walk away with N25 million prize money and a brand new KIA Sorento car.
3. Big Brother Naija will air on dedicated event channels on all DStv packages on channel 198 and GOtvPlus on channel 29
4. A variety of Nigerian personalities will visit the Big Brother Naija house during the show’s duration including musicians and performers.
5. The voice of ‘Biggie’ will be Nigerian while the show’s presenter will also be a Nigerian.
6. Unlike other Big Brother competitions around the world, there will be no shower hour in Big Brother Naija.
Copyright 2021 TheCable. All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from TheCable.
Follow us on twitter @Thecablestyle