Queen Mercy Atang, the ex-BBNaija housemate, has recounted how she survived a fire outbreak at a hotel she had lodged after she spoke in tongues.

Advertisement

In a series of posts via her Instagram stories on Monday, the reality TV said the incident occurred while she was preparing for work one morning.

The 27-year-old politician said she initially heard alarm about the fire on two occasions but did not pay attention.

Queen revealed that when she eventually opened the door of her apartment — which was situated on the 25th floor of the unnamed hotel — thick smoke had taken over the place.

Advertisement

The brand influencer said she and the other occupants attempted to use the elevator but it was not functioning. She added that there was also a blackout inside the building.

Queen disclosed that the experience had left her anxious but she tried to stay calm so as not to scare those around her.

The reality TV star said after a while, they were able to locate the hotel stairs and find their way to the ground floor.

Advertisement

“Waking up to a beautiful morning, excited and getting ready for the day. And then, the unexpected happened. So I heard the alarm twice but then, I didn’t pay attention because I was trying to reach out to my makeup artist,” she wrote.

“Suddenly, I discovered my apartment was filled with smoke. I opened the door and the whole place was filled with smoke. The elevator in the hotel wasn’t working anymore. No light in the building.

“I ran back to my apartment to alert my brother and bestie panicking. My apartment was on the 25th floor of the hotel. How we’re gonna get to the ground floor, we had no idea.

“My anxiety got to another level, but I decided to stay calm so I don’t scare my bestie and brother. We took a bold decision to run down the stairs.

Advertisement

“To find the hotel stairs was another issue. Luckily, we found it, and we started running all the way down to the ground floor from the 25th floor.

“Smoke everywhere. We kept running. My bestie was running and shouting but my brother was very calm and he handled the situation so well.”

She went on to thank God for saving her during the fire outbreak.

“Well, I, on the other hand, kept speaking in tongues and saying to God that it can never happen; not on your watch. We finally got to the ground floor. Cutting the long story short, God saved me this morning. And I’m grateful to him,” she added.

Advertisement


Copyright 2022 TheCable. All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from TheCable.

Follow us on twitter @Thecablestyle