Aloe vera is one of the most popular home remedies to help cure and prevent acne scars.
Its powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties help to treat pimples, scars and skin damage.
The plant is believed to have originated in Northern Africa, Madagascar, and the Arabian Peninsula. The succulent plant stores water in its leaves, stems, and roots which give it a fleshy appearance.
It is used as an active ingredient in moisturizers, face washes, soaps, and sunscreen lotions due to its moisturising, curative, and calming properties.
It is also believed that Egyptian Queen Cleopatra used aloe vera gel as a part of her beauty regime.
- Cut off 2 – 3 stems of aloe vera and peel off the skin to expose the transparent gel.
- Blend the gel till you have a smooth consistency.
- You can optionally add a few drops or honey or tea tree oil.
- Store it in a plastic container in your fridge to prevent it from drying up.
- Apply the gel generously over your face and neck and wait thirty minutes or more for it to dry.
- Wash off with warm water.
- Repeat the process daily (more conveniently before a shower).
Continue to use the gel even after your face has cleared up to prevent future break out.
Copyright 2019 TheCable. All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from TheCable.
Follow us on twitter @Thecablestyle