A 100-level student of the Taraba State University (TSU) has been feared dead after a fire outbreak at the institution’s hostel.


According to Channels TV, the deceased, identified as Enuseh Lawi, was trapped in the fire on Friday night.

It was gathered that the fire touched some parts of the Zenith Hostel where Enuseh lived till she died.

The victim was said to have been fast asleep when the fire started.


Sources in the know of the development were quoted as saying that it took the efforts of other female occupants to break in.

She was said to have been rushed to the Specialist Hospital Jalingo where she was said to have died.

The fire which affected some parts of the hostel damaged property and other valuables.


It took the combined efforts of other female students and security men to bring the fire under control.

”I was told the said lady went to read all through the night for her examination and returned very weak, hence she slept off,” the source said.

“The cause of this fire is from an electrical socket which sparked repeatedly and suddenly gutted the mattress next to it from which it spread all over.

”When she was brought out of the hostel, she was totally unconscious and could barely stand before the school security men came to pick her up with a Toyota Hilux and she was rushed to the hospital.”


Copyright 2023 TheCable. All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from TheCable.

Follow us on twitter @Thecablestyle